bar soap samples
with any order!
Call Us Toll Free: 1-866-270-8989
| || |
Learn About Ingredients
Organic botanical oils, herbs and essential oils can play a huge role in a healthy complexion.
1. Sunflower Oil: High in vitamin E content and helps skin retain moisture.
2. Shea Butter: Skin softening, emollient (softens and soothes the skin), natural ultraviolet sun protection SPF 6.
3. Vitamin E: Antioxidant.
4. Grapefruit: Vitamin C & lycopene if pink grapefruit.
5. Olive Oil: This hydrating oil has been used for centuries to moisturize the skin.
6. Almond Oil: Effective emollient, high in omega-3, softens and smooths the skin.
7. Cocoa Butter: Contains natural antioxidants, emollient, prevents dry and itchy skin.
8. Avocado Oil: A good source of Vitamin E. A nourishing moisturizer and great for sensitive skin.
9. White Tea: Boosts immune function of skin cells and protects them from the damaging effects of the sun.
10. Berries: Rich in antioxidants. Ellagic acid is an antioxidant found in raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate, & cranberries which studies have shown it helps to protect against UV damage.
If lotions, perfumes, make-up & deodorant are applied to skin on a daily basis they will get absorbed into your body. You are basically feeding your skin whatever you put on it. Since skin is a living organ, consider this...if you wouldn't eat it you probably shouldn't be putting it on your skin!
The following are ingredients you want to stay away from. Be sure to read the ingredients list on all products before buying!
1. Parabens (Methyl, Butyl, Ethyl, Propyl): These chemicals are used as preservatives. They are widely used but very toxic. Parabens have been found in breast cancer tumors. Health concerns are skin irritations and hormone disruptors.
2. Imidazolidinyl Urea and Diazolidinyl Urea: These are commonly used after parabens to preserve products. The primary concern here is that this chemical is a common cause of contact dermatitis.
3. Petrolatum: Petrolatum is mineral oil jelly and mineral oil causes a lot of skin problems because it interferes with the body's own natural moisturizing mechanism, causing dry and chapped skin. This chemical is very inexpensive to buy that's why it is largely used, especially in lip products.
4. Phthalates: The primary use of this chemical is to make plastics more flexible. Phthalates are also found in nail polish, soaps, hair spray and shampoo. The concerned health effects are organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), endocrine system, reproduction and fertility, birth or developmental effects, brain and nervous system and immune system.
5. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES): This synthetic substance is used in soap and shampoo for its foam building abilities. It causes eye irritation, skin rashes, hair loss, and allergic reactions. SLS is also used to scrub garage floors. What is something this harsh doing in skin care products?
6. FD&C Color and Other Synthetic Colors: Synthetic colors are used to make cosmetics look pretty when in reality are believed to be carcinogenic. Colors from coal tar contain heavy metal salts that cause skin sensitivity and irritation.
7. Synthetic Fragrances: There is no way to know exactly what chemicals are used when an ingredient is listed as "fragrance". With this term could be as many as 200 ingredients. Some of the problems caused are headaches, dizziness, rash, coughing, vomiting and skin irritation.
8. Diethanolamine (DEA), Monoethanolamine (MEA), and Triethanolamine (TEA): This foam booster is easily absorbed through the skin causing skin/eye irritation and contact dermatitis. Repeated use resulted in major increases of liver and kidney cancer.
9. Propylene Glycol: This chemical can cause serious health conditions such as liver and heart damage and damage to the central nervous system if enough is absorbed by the body. It's used as a moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, food, toothpaste and mouthwash.
10. Sunscreen Chemicals: Benzphenone, ethoxycinnamate, avobenzone and PABA are commonly used in sunscreen and are known free radical generators and believed to damage DNA.
Learn About Ingredients